Stanthorpe road tripping tips
In the next instalment of my series of 'recommendation' posts, we are travelling to Stanthorpe in South East Queensland. I've been visiting here since I was a little kid as my uncle has a farm in Eukey. My Mum & Dad have retired up there, so we visit quite often. Photo by @wintera
In order of my favourites. Checkout also the Strange Bird wine trail.
- Pyramids Road Winery
- Bungawarra Wines
- Golden Grove Estate
- Robert Channon Wines
- Symphony Hill Winery
- Ballandean Estate Winery
- Tobin Wines
- Masons Winery
- Hidden Creek Winery
I'll break this one down a touch more. Places for lunch, dinner and to generally stock up for a picnic or take home.
- Robert Channon Wines – The Singing lake Café
- Hidden Creek Winery Cellar Door Cafe
- Ballandean Estate Barrel Room Cafe
- The Cellar Door Café @ Mason Wines
- Shiraz Restaurant, Ballandean, my favourite place to eat up here. THe chef Jason has a love of seafood. Don't let the distance from the coast skew your judgment on that idea, it's fresh and fantastic.
- Patty's on McGregor
- The Vineyard Café
PICNIC / SUPPLIES:
- The Sovereign Hotel, my grandmas old pub in Warwick
- Kalbar, great for afternoon tea on your trip home.
- Girraween National Park, in terms of walks I'd recommend The Pyramids & Underground Creek.
- Bald Rock National Park
- Stanthorpe Visitor Information Centre
Being a three hours drive each way, I'd suggest staying for the night at least! Here are a few places to have a look at:
- Wisteria Cottages
- Girraween Lodge
- The Vineyard Cottages
- Kurrajong Cottages
- Accommodation Creek Cottages
- The Vines Motel
- High Street Motor Inn
- The Apple & Grape Motel
- Top of Town Caravan Park (& cabins)
- Loggers Rest B&B
- Happy Valley Retreat
- Honey Suckle Cottages